DMESC is upgrading our Stem Center and purging inventory to make room for updated resources and materials. VHS tapes and other outdated resources are no longer available. Thank you for your patience as we transition to this new system.
*A professional learning environment is the norm.
*Be sure your name is legible on the sign-in sheet.
*Guests, including children, are not permitted.
*To receive full credit, you must attend the full time of the workshop. Late arrivals and those leaving early will write in the time and will receive credit only for the time you attended the workshop.
*To receive credit for afternoon sessions, you must complete a workshop evaluation.
*Put your cell phones on professional mode.
*Because we cannot accommodate everyone’s preference for room temperature, consider bringing a jacket or dressing in layers.
*Should you have a question regarding your professional development transcript, see the staff in the PD Office.
Presentation from DMESC Perkins V Stakeholders Meeting
Mr. Dale Query made a special effort to attend the Mena School Board meeting Tuesday night. He was there to present Mena Superintendent Benny Weston with a certificate naming him as the Arkansas Rural Education Association's Superintendent of the Year...
2019 Destination Science Winners
2019 Elementary Quiz Bowl
1st Place – Nashville Elem
2nd Place – Dierks Elem
DMESC 2019 Chess Tournament
DMESC Chess Winners:
Grades 7-12 - 1st - Ricky Ford Ashdown, 2nd - Landon Scott Mount Ida.
Grades 3-6 - 1st - Deane Johnson Mount Ida, 2nd - Ronnie Lane Mount Ida.
Congratulations to all the kids who participated!!
Congratulations to Ouachita River School District
The Arkansas Department of Education Office of Computer Science is pleased to announce the winners of our Innovation in Computer Science School Grant Program announced via Commissioner’s Memo COM-19-030<http://adecm.
The recipients listed below can use the funds to cover the expenses associated with purchasing curriculum, software licenses, and non-fundamental equipment, and provide professional development or student incentives, as outlined in their submitted budgets.
* Fort Smith School District: $24,800.00
* Genoa Central School District: $19,943.00
* Greenland School District: $24,949.65
* Harrisburg Elementary School (Harrisburg School District): $19,871.40
* Jacksonville North Pulaski School District: $6,845.50
* Kirby School District: $5,605.17
* Lake Hamilton School District: $23,368.25
* Lakeside School District (Hot Springs): $7,137.92
* Little Rock School District: $7,000.00
* Manila High School (Manila School District): $12,139.52
* Monticello High School (Monticello School District): $20,000.00
* Ouachita River School District: $5,201.02
* Parkers Chapel School District: $19,937.00
* Springdale School District: $25,000.00
* Westside High School (Westside Consolidated School District): $20,000.00
Computer Science Education Week
December 3-9, 2018, is Computer Science Education Week. Arkansas will release a new computer science-related announcement each day. For a full listing of announcements as they are made, please visit the ADE Computer Science webpages at http://www.arkansased.gov/
DMESC Hour of Code