2019 Elementary Quiz Bowl
1st Place – Nashville Elem
2nd Place – Dierks Elem
DMESC 2019 Chess Tournament
DMESC Chess Winners:
Grades 7-12 - 1st - Ricky Ford Ashdown, 2nd - Landon Scott Mount Ida.
Grades 3-6 - 1st - Deane Johnson Mount Ida, 2nd - Ronnie Lane Mount Ida.
Congratulations to all the kids who participated!!
Congratulations to Ouachita River School District
The Arkansas Department of Education Office of Computer Science is pleased to announce the winners of our Innovation in Computer Science School Grant Program announced via Commissioner’s Memo COM-19-030<http://adecm.
The recipients listed below can use the funds to cover the expenses associated with purchasing curriculum, software licenses, and non-fundamental equipment, and provide professional development or student incentives, as outlined in their submitted budgets.
* Fort Smith School District: $24,800.00
* Genoa Central School District: $19,943.00
* Greenland School District: $24,949.65
* Harrisburg Elementary School (Harrisburg School District): $19,871.40
* Jacksonville North Pulaski School District: $6,845.50
* Kirby School District: $5,605.17
* Lake Hamilton School District: $23,368.25
* Lakeside School District (Hot Springs): $7,137.92
* Little Rock School District: $7,000.00
* Manila High School (Manila School District): $12,139.52
* Monticello High School (Monticello School District): $20,000.00
* Ouachita River School District: $5,201.02
* Parkers Chapel School District: $19,937.00
* Springdale School District: $25,000.00
* Westside High School (Westside Consolidated School District): $20,000.00
Computer Science Education Week
December 3-9, 2018, is Computer Science Education Week. Arkansas will release a new computer science-related announcement each day. For a full listing of announcements as they are made, please visit the ADE Computer Science webpages at http://www.arkansased.gov/
DMESC Hour of Code
Stacey Southerland, Career & Technical Education Specialist at De Queen Mena Coop, teaches students about “Utility Connection” in the “Get Real – Here’s the Deal” program held at De Queen High School. Allen Stark, Agency Manager with Farm Bureau, teaches students about “Protecting Your Assets” in the “Get Real – Here’s the Deal” program held at De Queen High School.